Thursday, February 14, 2008
stones
Did this brilliant exercise at my counselling thingy this week. You should do it. Really, I mean it. You'll be surprised at what comes out of it. You need a load of stones, or pebbles, shells, crystals, whatever you like. Choose one to represent yourself, think about why you think that one should be you. Then choose one for Sam and some for Ari and Mish. Position them in a group on a table or on the floor or something (you do kind of need to lose yourself in this). Think about how they are positioned, how they relate to eachother, why they are placed in this way. Keep shuffling them around until it feels just right. Then choose stones for the rest of your family, one at a time. Place them as you think they should be, whether they are near or far, involved in or separated from your family. I had Les questioning me and prompting me the whole way through, which makes me notice what I am doing much more, but I'm sure you can still gain from it. I was surprised by a lot of things. My feeling about sophie's positioning, for instance, and mum's. Really interesting and thought-provoking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a simple earthy way of looking at and thinking about all those people I love. I'm glad you have been getting this time for yourself, being able to explore. I'll try this when I have a clear mind, and floor!!
Post a Comment